|Could it come down to a Suisham Field Goal?|
The task at hand is to put together a playlist for your Super Bowl with a little Western Pennsylvania flavor and a little Dairy State flavor. Growing up outside Pittsburgh like I did, I'm well aware that there are millions of Steelers songs available. I believe there are people who get by just writing parody songs for the Steelers for a living. Some are hysterical, and some are cringe-worthy. What I didn't know was that the same can be said for the folks up in Wisconsin (CWA? Cheeseheads With Attitude~Really?). So what I've done is mixed together sixteen songs, being fair and giving equal representation here (eight for each) including football songs and well known artists from the area.
For the game itself, I did pick the Packers to win the Super Bowl in the 2010 preview. But alas, a change in that prediction must be made. Who knew back in September that the Stillers would overcome Big Ben's suspension, Rashard Mendenhall would be a force and the defense instead of getting older would simply just be getting better. I said take the Saints and the points last year and was correct, I 'm telling you to take the Steelers and the 2.5 points. They are truly "Knockin' On Seven's Door".
Final Score: Pittsburgh 23/Green Bay 21.
Click on links for youtube cuts (Two personal favorites here are BlackMahal and The Replicates)
1. Pittsburgh Steelers Polka
2. Green Bay Fight Song
3. Stairway To Seven (Steelers)
4. Cheese and Packers (Packers)
5. Here We Go Steelers (2010-11) (Steelers)
6. The Replicates-Aaron Rodgers Seems Alright (Packers)
7. Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Steelers)
8. Pat McCurdy-We Love The Green and Gold (Packers)
9. The Clarks-Cigarette (Steelers)
10. Bon Iver-Wisconsin (Packers)
11. BlackMahal-Black Gold and Silver (Lombardi Baby) (Steelers)
12. Bruce Kerr-The Cheesehead Song (Wisconsin) (Packers)
13. Styx-Renegade (Steelers)
14. C.W.A.-I'm A Cheesehead Baby (Packers)
15. Donnie Iris-Ah Leah! (Steelers)
16. Violent Femmes-American Music (Packers)